Friday, November 8, 2013

SAHM experience

 

Life suddenly move so fast and in a blink, 12+ weeks has went by. It feels like just yesterday that I had delivered. As much as how I am looking forward to walk through the life journey each day, I would also love to take time to savour every lovely moments.

I am two third through my leaves and am left with less than 6 weeks before returning to work. These 12+ weeks have been awesome! It is filled with endless joy, love, hope, strength, fear, doubts and tiredness. I would say entering parenthood is the most complex experience. No wonder some people get post-natal blue!

The first 4 weeks seems like an on-job crash-course training before I start my stay-at-home mum (sahm) experience. It is challenging as there isn't a perfect guidebook for caring a baby. What seems to work for one might not work for the other. So, we just got to try and see what works for Emma.

For the past 8 weeks, my days have been pretty much settled down to routine. My days starts at 7am (+/- 30 mins) and ends at by 11pm. I am thankful that Emma is sleeping through the night sometime after she turns 2 months old. Hence, I have been getting a good 8 hours.

During these 16 hours, I basically live on a 3-hours cycle as Emma feeds every 3 hours and 6 times a day. I would begin the cycle with feeding Emma, burping her, change her nappies, play with her a bit, take plenty of photos, bath her or leave her to play independently and let her sleep on her own or soothe her to sleep if she is unable to followed by doing some of the long list of chores. Laundry, vacuuming/mopping floor, ironing, cleaning the house, cooking, pumping milk, washing bottles/pump parts etc.

Other than being a mum and housewife, I would also try to balance out with some me-time like having my meals, bath/toilet break, napping, watching tv/movies, whatsapp-ing friends, blogging, reading or surfing net and spending time with Hubby. On some days, I would get out of home for marketing, errands, lunch, gatherings, church service and visiting.

 
I would say there are lots of self-motivation, time management, multi-tasking and being objective-orientated involved. On good days, I would be able complete all my to-dos and feeling accomplished. But I do have bad days where I just look forward to a better tomorrow!

These 12+ weeks have been sooo amazing and I never fail to marvel at how fast she has grown. I'm not really good at all these, but I am thankful for the chance to experience the life of a SAHM. I give thanks for all the love, strength and guidance that the Lord has been giving me. It is so precious to be able to take care of Emma personally for her first 17 weeks. I know I am going to miss all these as I wouldn't be able to be by her side the whole day after I start work.

 
Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are they not of more value than they? - Matthew 6:26

No comments:

Post a Comment